If you are already engaged in Lean and are looking for a method to extend this practice to the frontline, this course is perfect for you!
- Master A3 Problem Solving, the powerful method borrowed from the Toyota Production System (TPS)
- Learn techniques to incorporate problem solving and continuous improvement in daily work
- Build on existing Lean practices within your organization
What is A3 Problem Solving?
The A3 is an objective, pencil and paper tool designed to solve small specific problems. It defines the current condition and looks at the root cause of the issue. The A3 also guides the user to define clear steps to implement changes and builds accountability. All work done on A3s is validated with the staff and encourages communication between workers and departments. A3s are a simple and effective way to truly understand the way work happens now and how it can be redesigned effectively.
- Learn the TPS/Lean approach to solving specific problems in the course of work
- Identify problems that can be addressed using the A3 process
- Recognize the relationship of A3 Problem Solving to Value Stream Maps and other Lean tools
- Create an A3 document for problem solving and reporting
- Learn to use A3 Problem Solving as a “bridge tool” for communicating/solving issues between departments
- Use the A3 process to strengthen management skills
- Communicate improvements throughout the organization using the A3 process
A3 Problem Solving Classes
This problem solving method is so intuitive and effective that we use it as a backbone for our 15 week reVIEW class and our 4 day Green Belt Certification courses. For more information click on the logos below.
As with all Lean programs offered by Lean Healthcare West, within the structure and rigor is tremendous flexibility. A custom program can be designed to meet your specific organization’s needs.